Poster Contest Information
Texas Association for Pupil Transportation Poster Contest
Guidelines, Specifications, & Regulations
Division 1: Grades K-2Division 2: Grades 3-5Division 3: Grades 6-8Division 4: Special EducationDivision 5: CAD (Computer Aided Drawing)
- Completed poster size must be 11” x 17”. Posters may be illustrated on either the vertical or horizontal axis.
- Designs should be submitted on quality tag, poster illustration board, or heavy paper. Construction paper may be used, but winning entries must be mounted on quality tag poster.
- Lamination is NOT permitted and will disqualify the poster.
- There is no limitation on the use and number of colors.
- There is no limitation on the type of media –
such as print, crayon, felt pen, etc. – used on the poster design; however, wood, plastic, glass, or metal should not be part of the poster. Collage materials should not be used. Glued- on pieces will disqualify the poster.
- Lettering and Drawing: The poster design may incorporate freehand letters only. Stenciled, pre-
printed, manufactured stick- on or press- on letters or tracings may not be used and will disqualify the poster. Lettering should be clearly legible, even if used as part of the poster design. Cut paper / stencils (free- hand or pre- drawn stick- on stencils) are not permitted and will disqualify the poster.
- Poster designs may not incorporate any copyrighted characters (i.e. comic and/or television characters), photographs, and magazine or newspaper illustrations.
- Drawings must be original, correct in safety concept, and the exclusive work of the student entering the contest in idea, design and execution. All artwork should be positive in approach, demonstrating only proper school bus safety behaviors. At least a part of a yellow school bus must be present in the poster.
- There must be a Contestant/School District Contact Information form securely fastened to the back of the poster. Information muse be printed clearly and legibly. Download the Contestant/School District Contact Information form here.
- DO NOT place name, school, etc. on the front of the poster. Display this information on the back of the poster only.
- An art instructor or art teacher should supervise all work.
Every poster and slogan must harmonize with the 2021 poster contest theme:
All posters must be mailed by April 9th to
ATTN Anthony Shields
2385 High Road,
Kyle, Texas 78640